This entry contains answers to questions raised by other users with regards to the installation and running of DD-WRT on D-Link routers. It also contains some troubleshooting hints and tips. You may find your answers in here.
- Q: I couldn’t load ap61.ram. The transfer timeout
A: Make sure your TFTP server is running and ap61.ram is inside
- Q: I couldn’t load linux.bin. The transfer timeout
A: Make sure your TFTP server is running and linux.bin is inside
- Q: I upgraded to DD-WRT V24 SP1 through the web interface and it doesn’t boot up again!
A: There has been some changes from the shift from pre V24 SP1 to V24 SP1. Your router is not dead. Access the RedBoot and follow the section “Loading in the new firmware” in the guide Mini Flashing Guide for DIR-300
- Q: How to I change the value of “Run script at boot” from false to true?
A: use the following command in your RedBoot> “fconfig boot_script true”
- Q: The address of the memory being erased is differnt from yours. Why?
A: Make sure the x in the address (e.g. 0x12345678) are correct. Try to manually type the memory addresses instead of cut and paste
- Q: What is the default username and password for dd-wrt?
A: “root” and “admin” without the quotes respectively
- Q: My house lost power when following the instructions in the section “Loading in the new firmware”. What should I do?
A: As long as your RedBoot is not messed up. Try getting into RedBoot and start from the section “Loading in the new firmware” in the guide Mini Flashing Guide for DIR-300
- Q: My Putty window closed while flashing the firmware! What should I do?
A: Make sure you have followed the section “Configuring the Putty client” in the guide Mini Flashing Guide for DIR-300. After configuring, follow the instructions from the section “Loading in the new firmware” in the guide Mini Flashing Guide for DIR-300
- Q: I am using the DIR-301 but I cannot get into RedBoot using your guide. Why?
A: There has been changes in the DIR-301. You can read about it here
- Q: I locked myself out of my dd-wrt web interface. What can I do?
A: You would need to perform the 30-30-30 reset. Do take note that all settings will be lost. To do a 30-30-30 reset you must push the reset button with your router powered on. Hold it for 30 seconds with the router powered on. Still holding it, pull the power cord for 30 seconds. Still holding it, plug the power cord back in. You would have held the reset button for full 90 seconds without releasing it.