MLDonkey 2.9.6 (max_bt_uploaders patched)

MLDonkey FAQs can be found here.

Finally found some time to do the patch and compiling the new binaries for DNS-313/DNS-323/DNS-343. Again these archives are for those boxes running on fonz’s fun_plug 0.5. Installation instructions are similar to MLDonkey 2.9.6.

Download

1. mldonkey-2.9.6-full-2 – eDonkey, BitTorrent, fileTP, DirectConnect
  2. mldonkey-2.9.6-normal-2 – eDonkey, BitTorrent, fileTP
  3. mldonkey-2.9.6-lite-2 – BitTorrent, fileTP

Download (with gd)

1. mldonkey-2.9.6-full-3 – eDonkey, BitTorrent, fileTP, DirectConnect
  2. mldonkey-2.9.6-normal-3 – eDonkey, BitTorrent, fileTP
  3. mldonkey-2.9.6-lite-3 – BitTorrent, fileTP

Note: Release 3 (-3) are compiled with graphical libraries. Hence you would need to install gd-2.0.35-1.tgz (or newer), libjpeg-6b-1.tgz (or newer) and libpng-1.2.29-1.tgz (or newer) on your NAS before you can start mlnet. Other wise you will see the message “can’t load library ‘libgd.so.2′” and/or “can’t load library ‘libjpeg.so.62′” in your mlnet.log.

Installing graphical support on your NAS

Telnet to your DNS-323 (or equivalent) and issue the following commands.

/ # cd /mnt/HD_a2
/mnt/HD_a2 # wget http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5/packages/gd-2.0.35-1.tgz
/mnt/HD_a2 # wget http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5/packages/libjpeg-6b-1.tgz
/mnt/HD_a2 # wget http://www.inreto.de/dns323/fun-plug/0.5/packages/libpng-1.2.29-1.tgz
/mnt/HD_a2 # funpkg -i gd-2.0.35-1.tgz
/mnt/HD_a2 # funpkg -i libjpeg-6b-1.tgz
/mnt/HD_a2 # funpkg -i libpng-1.2.29-1.tgz

After which, you could proceed with release 3.

22 thoughts on “MLDonkey 2.9.6 (max_bt_uploaders patched)

• November 29, 2008 at 5:53 pm

ryan,

Ah, I just realized I missed it out. Will compile one with gd while I am reading through my notes!

• November 30, 2008 at 5:40 pm

Hello, shadowandy,

It was nice job, but something is wrong. Fist you also nee libpng12.so, but this is not a problem. I have downloaded it, but BT-max_bt_uploaders isn’t working. Now even BT-max_uploaders_per_torrent is fixed at value 30. So I change BT-max_bt_uploaders to 6 and BT-max_uploaders_per_torrent to 15 and after restart of MLDonkey I get 5 and 30 respectively. Any suggestions ?

• November 30, 2008 at 5:53 pm

Sorry, shadowandy,

I mislooked at the rule “max_uploaders_per_torrent < max_bt_uploaders < max_upload_slots”. If I set options according to this rule, everything works just fine. Thanks for great job !

• November 30, 2008 at 10:57 pm

alpha,

Ah, I missed out libpng, should have compiled it with only libjpeg support. Glad that it works for you! I only tested it briefly, hope it runs well

• December 1, 2008 at 1:15 am

Now problems at all. Everything works super fine. Great job !

• December 5, 2008 at 10:45 pm

hi the links all point to files of 0 byte size…

• December 6, 2008 at 12:11 am

chris,

I think you better check your internet connection. I just check the download links via 2 Internet connection and they download fine.

• December 6, 2008 at 9:15 am

ah… its fine now andy. so sorry for the trouble. must be chrome acting up.

• December 16, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Hi Andy, possible to encrypt headers on the current release? my damn isp throttles….

• December 16, 2008 at 10:19 pm

Hi, could you post up how you got this to compile for ffp ? I would like to try to compile MLdonkey myself. Could you start a thread on how this is done ? Cross compiling seems pretty hard.

• December 16, 2008 at 11:35 pm

Nick,

There is a cross compile guide over here

• January 16, 2009 at 5:54 am

Thanks for the update! Somehow the mldonkey I had installed previously (I think 1.9.2) stopped working a few days ago after 3 days of downloading ( just couldn’t start it anymore. It would shutdown by itself. Starting mlnet.sh without nohup told me /.mldonkey was full… Could that be what’s wrong here, or is it impossible to start without nohup?

Anyway, I couldn’t get it to work anymore. I upgraded to funplug 0.5 and installed the mldonkey here (mldonkey-2.9.6-lite-2). Installation went fine. Telnetting into mldonkey works like a charm. Accessing by http or sancho, however, is impossible. Bah…

Any ideas?

• January 21, 2009 at 1:29 pm

What happened?

It was running great, then I was messing with my DNS323 setting and tried to set up e-mail notifications. Suddenly everything locked up. I rebooted the drive, now I can’t access MLDonkey.

Any suggestions?

• January 21, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Scratch that..I was impatient.

• January 28, 2009 at 6:14 am

Hi all.
    Sorry about this, but i have tried all that you say. I’ve got the “Directory /home/root/.mldonkey is full, MLDonkey shuts down”

I had mldonkey 2.9.5 working fine, but i did install 2.9.6 version. From this time, mldonkey didnt work. The most it do is to give that warning.

I can not find where is the configuration of the directory (i’m newby with it).

Maybe i had done something wrong. What can i do?.

Thanks.

• January 28, 2009 at 6:33 am

Nacho,

It has been covered in the MLDonkey FAQ.

• January 29, 2009 at 3:46 am

Ok, i’m in the /mnt/HD_a2/ffp/start/ folder. Next, >sh mlnet.sh start, i dont think that im doing it in the wrong way. But the message is always the same.
    Im using a ch3snas, if it is a handicup.

Thank you.

• February 1, 2009 at 2:26 pm

Nacho,

Just wondering. Can you do a “ls /mnt/HD_a2/mldonkey” and paste me the results? Not sure if that directory exists.