Some of you may have realized that USB mass storage devices attached to the PlayOn!HD are automatically mounted as read-only. In a read-only mount, you cannot write files to the drive.
The following script will remount all available USB mass storage devices (mounted in read-only mode) as read-write!
The down side is that you got to execute the script every time you plug in a new device. The script work best with View USB storage attached to A.C.Ryan PlayOn!HD over network.
# author: shadowandy.sg[at]gmail[dot]com <http://www.shadowandy.net/wp>
# Simple remounting script for A.C.Ryan PlayOn!HD Media Player
# Version 1.1
echo "remounting $1 as read-write"
mount -o,remount,rw $1
if [$(mount | grep /tmp/usbmounts/ | grep ro | wc -l) -eq 0 ]; then
echo "no read-only usb drives found!"
echo "remounting read-only usb drives..."
for remount in $(mount | grep /tmp/usbmounts/ | grep ro | cut -d " " -f3); do
echo "all read-only usb drives mounted as read-write!"
Creating the script
- Telnet and login to your A.C.Ryan PlayOn!HD
- In the command prompt window, enter “vi /tmp/hdd/root/script/remount.sh“
- In the vi window, press “i” to start edit mode
- Paste the content of the above script
- Press “<ESC>” to exit out of edit mode
- Enter “:wq” to save the script
- Enter “ls /tmp/hdd/root/script”
remount.sh should be listed as one of the files
Executing the script
- In the command window, enter “sh /tmp/hdd/root/script/remount.sh”
The script would remount existing read-only USB drives as read-write