Great camera pouch for S90

The Canon PowerShot S90 camera pouch I bought budgetgadgets.com is fantastic! The S90 is more manageable during outings now. Previously I had to keep the S90 in my bag or pants pocket or even worst – hold in my hands. Now? Just sling it across my body and walk around. 2 free hands and camera within reach to capture that special moment.

The tripod mount at the bottom piece holds the Canon S90 securely to the pouch. So don’t worry about the camera dropping out of the pouch if you decide to lug it around without the top flap. Yes, the top flap is detachable.

You might want to change the strap to some tougher alternatives. The strap that comes with it looks a little flimsy and mine is slightly worn after using it for a while. Overall, it is a good camera pouch! If you decide to get one too, check out the product link: Canon Digital Camera Hard Leather Case Bag Pouch S90. While you are at it, check out other camera bags, cases and straps available at budgetgadgets.

Use the discount code “LM5OFF8” (without the quotes) to get 5% off site-wide discount at budgetgadgets.com.

8 thoughts on “Great camera pouch for S90

• July 8, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Hi there,

I just came across your website. Thought if u could give me certain opinions. i’m considering between canon s90 and G11. Heard from many others that the grip of canon s90 is very poor. Feels as though it would slipped out of your hands at any moment. Is it true? You seems to be very happy using the camera. (:

Thanks in advance!

• July 9, 2010 at 7:16 am

Hi cryst,

I think both the S90 and G11 are good. I don’t really find S90 difficult to grip. You can fix the bad grip problem by going for the Richard Franiec’s custom grip.

You can try handling the S90 at Canon shops to see if you have issues with handling the S90.

Both S90 and G11 supports CHDK! A customized firmware with cool functionalities. Lensmate offer lens adaptor for both as well. So at the end of the day, it really depends on whether you want a compact camera or a slightly bulkier one. 🙂

• July 9, 2010 at 10:09 pm

haha. thats the thing. ill be paying extra to get his grip. plus shipping fees and stuff, the price would become the same as a G11. =/

does the s90 have the neutral density filter? (:

• July 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Hi cryst,

Depends on whether you need the grip or not. I did not get the grip and I did not face any issues when handling the camera.

As for the ND filter. Do you meant by ND filter in the camera or as separate attachments? For the latter, check out lensmate for the 37mm adaptor. 🙂

• July 19, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Hi shadowandy,

Many apologies for this super late reply. haha. I’ve got the canon G11 instead in the end. Thanks for all the help though! Hope u will continue to shoot great pictures. 😀

• July 19, 2010 at 11:05 pm

cryst,

Remember to check out CHDK! 🙂

• September 17, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Hello C:

I just bought the S90 camera and am looking for a casing. Google search engine brought me to your blog. May I check how much did you buy (in S$) for the case as featured in this entry? Is this camera case situation for people with butter fingers? If not, could you recommend me some websites?

Many thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Elaina

• September 19, 2010 at 12:47 pm

elaina,

I think I bought it for S$25. The camera case should be ok just that changing memory card / battery requires you to remove the casing before you can access the compartment below. Check out budgetgadgets or dealextreme.