MLDonkey 3.0.4 for DNS-313, DNS-323, DNS-343

Tried my luck (again) at compiling MLDonkey 3.0.4. Installation instructions are similar to previous versions (e.g. MLDonkey 2.9.7). This should be the last time I will be compiling MLDonkey for the D-Link NAS. If there are any issues with the package. Do inform me. πŸ™‚

1. mldonkey lite – supports filetp, bittorrent
  2. mldonkey lite (no gd) – supports filetp, bittorrent
  3. mldonkey normal – supports filetp, bittorrent, edonkey
  4. mldonkey normal (no gd) – supports filetp, bittorrent, edonkey
  5. mldonkey full – supports filetp, bittorrent, edonkey, directconnect
  6. mldonkey full (no gd) – supports filetp, bittorrent, edonkey, directconnect

40 thoughts on “MLDonkey 3.0.4 for DNS-313, DNS-323, DNS-343

• September 10, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Hello!

Can you repost the howto install MLDonkey on the DNS-323 as I’m a newbie and I have no clue about how to do so. I can connect to it using Telnet, but that’s all, I’m sorry… πŸ™
    Thanks a lot for your wonderful job, by the way

Benjamin
    France

• September 10, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Hello again…

Sorry, after days of searches, I decided to post for help and then… I succeeded into installing MLDonkey…

Sorry for the annoying post I wrote. Terribly sorry.

I confirm: great job you’ve done!

Thanks a lot.

Benjamin
    France

• September 10, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Hi BBBenj,

Great that you managed to install MLDonkey. πŸ™‚

• September 10, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Hi again and again!

I’ve got a “little” problem, as my major tracker site, http://www.torrent411.com, doesn’t accept MLDonkey to be connected to…

Does anyone know a good alternative to MLDonkey???

Sorry again…

Benjamin
    France

• September 10, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Hi
    any chance to have this compiled fot MRT Gigabit DUAL-NAS E?
    It would be of great help since the current release that we have (2.9.5-r1) doesn’t work properly. Anytime I reboot the NAS mldonkey is not available and I can only uninstall and reinstall, loosing all the downloads.

• September 11, 2010 at 12:05 am

I can’t download the packages anyhow.

• September 11, 2010 at 9:25 pm

moviemaniac,

The files are downloading fine now. Do try again. Thanks

• September 12, 2010 at 10:11 am

thnx for contributing to the community for so long.

• September 17, 2010 at 8:48 am

Hey,

just dropping by. Nice to see there is Singaporean who are really keen into all these opensource and linux sharing. Keep it up =)

regards,
    Haas

• September 19, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Richard,

Thanks!

• September 27, 2010 at 11:54 pm

I’m facing a problem on First run / initial setup phase.
    When I’m typing :
    / # telnet 127.0.0.1 4000 or
    /mnt/HD_a2 # telnet 127.0.0.1 4000

I get a message :
    telnet: cannot connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused
    ———————————-
    any idea what I’m doing wrong ?

• September 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Hi KOSU,

It could be that some software is using the ports required by MLDonkey. Some users have encountered that before. Do refer to the MLDonkey 2.9.7 link and do a search through the comments or look at point 8 of MLDonkey FAQ

• September 29, 2010 at 2:19 am

hi again
    right now my mldonkey not see hublist
    i used the way to add them described on
    but still when I’m open dc and go to Show Hublist , i got a message :

Showing hublist
    # Add Hub name IP address Users Info
    Hubs: 0 known (showing all hubs from hublist)

any idea what could it be ?

• September 29, 2010 at 10:58 am

Hi KOSO,

I don’t really use opendc, it was a request from some users hence I added it in. Probably you can check out MLDonkey website?

• October 7, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Thanks for you helpful job!
    Is there a chance to get from you any “how-to” on compiling MLdonkey?
    I tried several time by myself with no luck.
    Some instruction will be awesome!

• October 11, 2010 at 9:21 pm

ArthurDent,

Probably you can share on what you have tried doing. Did you try to cross compile or do native compiling on the DNS-323/DNS-343?

• October 15, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Hi, thanks for reply.
    I install funpkg make-3.81-3.tgz and gcc-4.1-2.tgz
    Then I download the mldonkey-3.0.5.tar.bz2
    I untar in a folder, cd in that dir
    and run ./configure
    Then I got an error.
    I read someware that ocaml is needed, but I cant find any package for funplug…

• October 15, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Sorry, I forgot to askt this:
    Is there a way to create a virtual machine for compiling it?
    I would like to avoid any problem due to compile it directly in the nas.
    What should I use? Is there an emulator or a distribution?
    Thanks again!

• October 18, 2010 at 10:35 pm

ArthurDent,

I used to create virtual machine to compile it but deleted it away due to lack of disk space. You can set up a one by googling for “cross-compile” howtos and set up a cross compiler environment. I used to use Ubuntu for my cross compiles.

Nowadays I just compile it natively using my DNS-323. Just download the mldonkey source and compile. As for the ocaml package, there isn’t a fun_plug module for it. Search for ocaml source and compile it natively. After which, you should have no problem compiling mldonkey from source.

Hope it helps. πŸ™‚

• October 22, 2010 at 12:58 am

hi Chaps,
    Is there a compiled version for DNS-313 with openDC ?
    Too much of a noob to attempt compiling it πŸ™
    Thanks Dave

• October 27, 2010 at 3:00 pm

I took the source and I tried to compile it. Nothing to do. I receive an error on something about “AS” missing. Maybe I need another package to compile it other than make-3.81-3.tgz and gcc-4.1-2.tgz? Any Ideas?

I’m trying the other way too. I install an UBUNTU VM and still googling and trying. I found this cross compiler too: Sourcery G++ for ARM, which seems to make it all easier (for others, not for me). I’ll keep you posted about my progress, but any hint will be appreciated πŸ˜‰

• November 7, 2010 at 9:24 am

I’ve been having issues with transmission on my dns323, does the mldonkey have problems with more than 50 torrents?

• November 27, 2010 at 3:18 pm

I am obviously stupid πŸ™
    I have tridet to install it and no result, so can somebody help me.

• May 3, 2011 at 5:36 am

Hi!

You stated that this would probably be your last compilation of MLDonkey. Does it mean that you recommend to use something else like transmission? I would like to install a torrent client on my DNS-313 and need to make a choice, hence the question.

TIA,

Patrick

• May 8, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Hi I am trying to get this working on a DNS-320. When I try and start it, I get the following error:

/ffp/bin/mlnet: can’t load library β€˜libz.so.1β€²

This seems to be different to the errors relating to the gd packages being missing, but I loaded them anyway just in case and is the same. That library is there:

/mnt/HD/HD_a2/mldonkey # find / -name libz.so.1
    /lib/libz.so.1

I created a symbolic link to /mnt/HD/HD_a2, recognising the difference in path from the DNS-323.

Any suggestions?

• May 8, 2011 at 10:49 pm

colin,

Have you tried creating a symbolic link in /ffp/lib ?

• May 9, 2011 at 2:49 am

I havent no.. sorry if this is a daft question but a link to where? /lib?

• May 21, 2011 at 3:17 am

Hi, when you have time, could you try to compile a package for ktorrent? I really like ktorrent feature that allows user to select which file to download.

thanks
    Jerry

• May 21, 2011 at 1:23 pm

Don’t think it’s possible to get ktorrent running on the DNS since it’s a GUI client meant for KDE environment.

• May 24, 2011 at 4:29 am

even with Debian squeeze installed? pardon my ignorance, i am a linux noob.

• August 17, 2011 at 6:49 am

I installed Mldonkey on my CH3MNAS, it seems to work, I am able to reach the webui. However when I add a torrent dl link it says parsing http url and does not start the download. I placed a .torrent file in mldonkey\torrents\incoming folder with telnet. No result, after a couple of seconds/minutes it placed the file in mldonkey\torrents\old….

Any ideas?

• August 17, 2011 at 6:55 am

Ooh.. running Mldonkey 3.0.2..

• September 9, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Can you make new package with Gnutella and Directconnect? Right now current Mldonkey version is 3.1.0.

• September 9, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Hi Anton,

I am no longer compiling mldonkey due to other commitments. 3.0.4 is the last mldonkey compilation from me.

• October 18, 2011 at 4:57 am

I would like to use that transmission is mldonkey on my dns 323 transmission, but also eats all the bandwidth limiting, how can I solve for ML also allow you to download?
    thanks

ml: DW = 0 Up = 20
    tr: DW = 200 up = 20

band DW = 750 UP= 60

• July 28, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Thanks f the instructions package etc.

For some reason when I download any of the packages they end-up being corrupted. Invalid magic in the .tgz. I downloaded the graphic libraries succesfully using the same browser session, but not the mldonkey 3.0.4 package.

Any help appreciated, thanks