D-Link ShareCenter Pulse DNS-320 – Pictures, pictures & more pictures

D-Link ShareCenter Pulse 2 Bay NAS DNS-320 released at Sitex (November 2010)!

Managed to get my hands on the DNS-320. Speed tests will be conducted later on as the DNS-320 is still formatting the two units of Samsung 2TB F4 drives. Mental note, it formats the Right disk first.

Check out D-Link ShareCenter Pulse DNS-320 deals on Amazon.

So in the mean time, enjoy the pictures first!

17 thoughts on “D-Link ShareCenter Pulse DNS-320 – Pictures, pictures & more pictures

• November 26, 2010 at 12:41 am

Very nice pics taken, finally got a look at the innards.

• November 26, 2010 at 10:37 am

I cant decide between this unit and buffalo linkstation duo.

any comment to ease my decision?

For DNS-320, if i am using a thinner HDD like those from seagate, is there a problem? how firm will they be in the slots?

• November 26, 2010 at 10:51 am

ahwong,

I have never used the buffalo linkstation duo before so really cannot comment on its performance. The reason I stick to D-Link NAS is because of its hack-ability which advanced users like it very much as they can pretty much do wonders with it.

As for slimmer harddisks, I don’t see a problem using it with it. The only issue is the “bracket” in the NAS would not have a firm hold on the disk and the disk may shake if you shift the NAS around. The movement may break the SATA connectors? But good thing is people seldom move NAS around so it is pretty safe.

Hope it helps.

• November 26, 2010 at 1:56 pm

thinner hdd should not matter… as long as its 3.5inch

• November 27, 2010 at 10:17 am

Can this be configured to connect with Mac?

• November 28, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Clement,

I don’t own a Mac so can’t give you a definite answer. But does Mac have special requirements in order to connect to network shares?

• November 30, 2010 at 4:54 pm

Hi, Macs have no special requirements for network drives and the DSN-323 worked a charm with mine so the new model should do the same.
    You can navigate it with the web interface or set it up as normal network drive and see it in the navigation panel on the left of every Finder window.
    Cheers

• December 4, 2010 at 6:10 am

Thanks for the pics and info.
    I’m considering to get this NAS, but want to know how loud is the fan at the back? Does it have speed settings when hot?

It’s around 70 GBP in my country.

I have a Thecus N299 but found that loud so had to change the fan at the back. The N299 is not so good as it claims to be UPnP compliant but my PS3 cannot see it. It’s also impossible to put custom firmware on it to hack 🙁
    I think this D-Link NAS should work with PS3 right? Can anyone confirm?

Thank you.

• December 4, 2010 at 11:18 am

David,

Thanks for clarifying! Just as I thought!

Ben,

I think the loudness is subjective. Personally I feel that it is it is still ok, my Shuttle XPC computer sounds louder than it. It does have adaptive fan speed. It goes high when the unit is overheating, it goes low when idling.

Well, people have created 3rd party software for it. So PS3 shouldn’t be an issue.

• December 5, 2010 at 4:01 am

Hi Ahwong! To offer my suggestion, don’t get a Buffalo Linkstation Duo. That device was the original reason I’m looking for another one. D-Link is looking good in comparison.

I’m not saying all LinkStation’s are worse, however the particular unit I have, LS-W1.0TGL/R1 is one heck of a pain in the butt. To top it off, Buffalo’s support site is confusing, and my model number isn’t listed in the EU support site (although this one is a EU model).

So, after losing my data along with the Linkstation, I’ve learned a valuable life lesson. I’m staying away from them.

• December 16, 2010 at 7:19 am

hi,
    I am almost just before buying dns-320 but could anyone explain me the following:
    If I buy the housing and 2x2TB SATA II 3.5 HDD separately, how do I get use of the following features beneath. do I need to install bitorent client on it. How is this anyway working as it has no operating systems. Thank you.

Remote File Sharing:

• Remote file access (AjaXplorer)
    • BitTorrentTM client

Servers:

• UPnP Media server (support for PS3, Xbox, Boxee Box)
    • iTunesTM server
    • FTP server
    • USB Print server

Backup management:

• Scheduled backup from PC to NAS
    • Apple Time MachineTM support
    • USB one-touch backup

System management:

• Web GUI
    • EasySearch Utility for Windows XP/Vista/7
    • Open (share) and Account (user) modes supported
    • System status
    • Email alerts
    • System/FTP log

source: http://dlink.co.uk/cs/Satellite?c=Product_C&childpagename=DLinkEurope-GB%2FDLProductCarouselMultiple&cid=1197388179167&p=1197318962342&packedargs=ParentPageID%3D1197318962321%26locale%3D1195806691854%26packedargs%3DProductParentID%253D1195808623796&pagename=DLinkEurope-GB%2FDLWrapper

• December 30, 2010 at 11:57 am

Hi David, understand you have no problems with accessing from a MAC. I just bought the DNS320 with a 250GB and a 2TB.

However, I experienced problems with copying files to both disks and cannot seem to delete folders. Could you advise ? Thanks

• March 4, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Hi All,

i’m interested in purchasing the D-link NAS. I’m not technical person so i need some advice. By having to 2 disks, can you access them both seperatly or is one a back up of the other (raid) ?

• March 5, 2011 at 11:41 am

Nick,

Both methods of access are supported. 🙂

• March 23, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Hi Shadow,

Been stuck with a nagging problem with the DNS-320 hoping you have the answer for it since it has been nearly a week and two follow-ups yet D-link support has not responded.

A simple question actually.

When we set-up FTP using dyndns, is it a norm that the P2P folder is visible and accessible even before you log-in? Strangely i do not have to log-in to see the P2P folder!

Hope you can shed some light on this matter or what have i done? Thanks!

• March 31, 2011 at 8:30 am

Hey bro,

I’ve just gotten a Dlink 320 with the exact same setup as yours. Meaning 2 x 2TB Samsung HD from Sim Lim.

I realised after a day or two’s worth of usage, the fan kept automatically set to high speed. The HD temp is about 38C and device is about 48C.

Even if I reboot and reset the fan to auto, it will still changed to high speed, which is very noisy! My firmware upgraded to ver 2 already.

Do you have the same issue?

Regards,
    Lim

• March 31, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Lim,

Yes my fan runs on high speed too. But after a while it does drop to low though. But one thing is i do run a few processes on it so not sure if it is the cause of it?