For the adventurous, you might want to explore XBMC semi-nightly builds. There are no new features but sometimes bugs are fixed. Certainly not for the faint hearted. For those who are on iOS 4.3, you might want to explore nighties as it fixed hardware decoding on iOS 4.3.
Before you proceed, ensure that you have installed the XBMC Official Build. Once you get the official build up and running, do the following:
- SSH to your Apple TV2
Hint: use “root” and “alpine” for the username and password respectively
- Type “cd /private/var/tmp” without the quotes
- Type “apt-get install wget” without the quotes
- Type “wget http://hadm.net/xbmc/latest_atv2.deb” without the quotes
- Type “dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb” without the quotes
- Type “rm latest_atv2.deb” without the quotes
You have successfully upgraded the XBMC, reboot both the XBMC and Apple TV2 and you are good to go!