Mounting the Ring Video Doorbell
Instead of fixing it to the surface using screws, I used heavy duty double-sided mounting tapes. For this to work, I affixed the included wedge mount to the surface using the mounting tapes and attached the Ring Video Doorbell 2 to the wedge.
One of these days, I should fix the wedge mount properly using the included screws. The reason why I am not doing it now is because I am not so good with drill or impact drivers.
Setting up the Ring Video Doorbell 2
Setting up the doorbell is straightforward. The steps are as follow:
- Installing the Ring mobile app on your mobile phone
- Inserting the battery to power it on
- Putting the Ring Video Doorbell 2 in setup mode
- Discovering for, associating and configuring the Ring Video Doorbell 2 to your (Ring) account and use your wireless network
- Perform signal quality test at the desired location
- Installing the Ring Video Doorbell 2 physically at the intended location
- Lastly, locking the battery compartment with the hex screw