Google occasionally offers self-learning opportunities on how Google Cloud Platform’s infrastructure and application development tools work together. They held the third season of the #MajulahGCP learning event in my region recently. In my honest opinion, it is a good opportunity to understand how some of the new technologies work amidst your busy schedule. If you have been procrastinating about picking up that new skillset, the #MajulahGCP event is probably a great learning opportunity. At the end of the event, you might qualify for their swag packs! Thanks #MajulahGCP for the learning opportunity, smart LED display thermos flask, apron, polo t-shirt and a hipster backpack!
This time round, Google recommended the following labs:
- Create and Manage Cloud Resources
- Ensure Access & Identity in Google Cloud
- Perform Foundational Infrastructure Tasks in Google Cloud
- Set Up and Configure a Cloud Environment in Google Cloud
- Monitor and Log with Google Cloud Operations Suite
- Build and Secure Networks in Google Cloud
- Implement DevOps in Google Cloud
- Cloud Architecture: Design, Implement, and Manage
- Secure Workloads in Google Kubernetes Engine
- Deploy to Kubernetes in Google Cloud
- Optimize Costs for Google Kubernetes Engine
- Build a Website on Google Cloud
- Getting Started with Go on Google Cloud
- Serverless Firebase Development
- Serverless Cloud Run Development
- Automate Interactions with Contact Center AI
- Build Interactive Apps with Google Assistant
- Anthos: Service Mesh
The guided labs are powered by the Qwiklab and personally I feel that it is a nice training platform for self-directed learning. That being said, Qwiklab actually locked my account for abuse because I spun up the resources too quickly. The good thing is that they promptly resolved it so that I could continue with my labs.
Looking forward to future free trainings!